Black History Month Celebration Event
Everyone is invited to the Crowndale Centre on Friday 19 October for ‘Windrush: inspiring a younger generation’, an action-packed evening with a range of special guest performers and speakers.
Organised by Camden Black Workers Group and Camden UNISON, with support from the council, the event will shine a light on what younger generations can learn from the generation invited from the Caribbean to help rebuild the UK after the Second World War.
The event will begin at 4pm with a range of exhibitors and marketstalls. Performances will start from 6.30pm. Talented rapper, storyteller and poet Alim Kamara will be compere for the evening and will be joined by guests including:
- Winston Reedy, UK-based reggae singer
- Michael de Souza, author and creator of the books and television series Rastamouse
- Dennis Bovell, Producer, musician, songwriter, film makerAlex Pascal, OBE, broadcaster, journalist, musician, composer, oral historian and educator
- Glenda Jaxson, award winning comedian
- Reggae Fraternity UK, keeping reggae alive in the UK, will be bringing a special performance with their young talent
The event is free. Food and drinks will be available.
There will be British Sign Language interpreters and wheelchair access at this event.
For more information email email@example.com