Stage & the City's Comedy & Writing Course (Beginners)
Stage & the City's Comedy Acting & Writing classes are all about having fun, understanding the comedy industry and working towards creating your own sketches and scripts.
This course is for anyone who wants to build their confidence, develop their performance skills, understand comedic acting as well as having fun. It would also suit anybody who wishes to improve communication skills for work purposes including dealing with colleagues, clients and public speaking.
- The fundamentals of comic timing
- Expanding physical and vocal techniques in comedy acting
- Working on physical comedy through clowning
- Fundamentals of developing sellable comedy ideas
- Understanding how to pitch formats
- Improvisation as a source for ideas
- Progressing through writing and working on treatments
- Formatting pilot scripts to industry standards
- Working as an ensemble as well as individually
- Combat performance nerves