The Clothworkers' Company
Founded in 1528, following a merger between the Fullers’ and Shearmen's guilds, The Clothworkers’ Company is one of the ‘Great Twelve’ livery companies in the City of London. Our original purpose was to protect our members and promote the craft of cloth-finishing within the City. Today, we support textiles through technical education, skills development and historic conservation. We also proudly participate in Civil Society in the City, foster fellowship and encourage trusteeship among our members, and make charitable grants to social causes through The Clothworkers’ Foundation.