Top 10 Things to do in Euston
It is not hard to imagine: your train has been delayed, you are stuck waiting for the off-peak to start or maybe you simply overestimated your travel times. Whatever the reason: you find yourself with some free time at Euston Station. Fear not: there is a whole world outside of Camden’s busiest train stations and Love Camden has created a little guide to help you pass the time.
1. Hungry? You only have to cross the road to find the Wellcome Collection’s brilliantly bustling café. While you’re there, check out their permanent collection on all things to do with bodily science!
2. Are there a few of you and are you looking for something cozy that fits a large group? Drummond Street is the perfect place for you: it is home to some of the best curry houses in Camden.
3. If you are in the need of something a little more substantial, head down to the Friends House for some delicious hot dishes in a quick canteen style. Plus: they have a great book shop to browse through!
4. Fancy something a bit more unique? Pop to Mai Sushi and have your sushi feast served up to you on a boat made of leaves and wicker. Or hop over to The Resting Hare, via Woburn Walk, the first pedestrian shopping street in London.
5. Got little ones that need to let off some steam before sitting still on a train? Head across the road and continue down a bit. You’ll eventually hit Gordon Square Gardens, where you can let the kids run free. If you are the one in need of blowing off some steam, you can find Barry’s Bootcamp just across the road.
6. In need of a bit of stimulation? Pop over to UCL’s Grant Museum of Zoology and witness their weird and wonderful collection, including the infamous jar of moles!
7. For the casual magician, did you know the Magic Circle resides in Euston? They also have a museum, open to the public via appointment. You can find them on Stevenson’s Way, just around the corner from the station. It is free to Magic Circle members.
8. Check out the newly opened Francis Crick Institute behind St Pancras station. Explore the gallery inside or simply marvel at the architecture of the biggest biomedical research facility under a single roof in Europe.
9. Take a stroll through Camley Street Natural Park and feel a million miles away from the hustle and bustle.
10. Last but not least, St Pancras Church is home to the Crypt Gallery, an underground gem housed in, you guessed it, an old crypt. Here you can see contemporary art between ancient burial tombs. Keep an eye on their ever-evolving programme of exhibitions and events!
Inspired by this Top 10? Keep exploring Camden and it's highlights here.