Car Free Day 2019
Sunday 22nd September will be London’s biggest ever Car Free Day, each play street will be part of a worldwide event and one of at least 200 streets across the capital marking the day in this way.
Play streets are simple, resident-organised free events where neighbours on a road agree together to close their street temporarily to traffic. This allows children to play, helping them to keep physically active, healthy and learning about their street and neighbourhood. It also gives adult residents a chance to get to know each other over a cup of tea as they keep an eye on the kids.
Reimagine is a brand new event from the Mayor of London celebrating Car Free Day in London, allowing Londoners of all ages and backgrounds to reimagine their city car-free and reclaim their streets, while walking, cycling and exploring the city.
The Reimagine event will include:
- cycling activities; including guided rides and ‘have a go’ opportunities
- exercise and fitness activities including a bike stunt ramp and dance classes
- guided walking routes around the City of London and Southwark
- pop-up picnic areas
- live entertainment for all ages; including roaming performers
- children’s activities - arts and crafts marquee and parklets
- wellbeing and mindfulness sessions
- opportunities to cycle and walk around the Totally Thames festival and visit some of London’s landmark buildings as part of the Open House weekend
There are 6 locations in Camden hosting Car Free Day Play Streets in the following streets:
Dartmouth Park Ave
Great Ormand St