Museum Lates at the Royal College of Physicians
Visit the Royal College of Physicians Museum after hours until 8pm on the first Thursday of the month. Explore exhibitions, art, medical objects and more than 500 years of history at England's oldest medical college.
Discover collections, featuring everything from artworks by Sir Joshua Reynolds, Sir Thomas Lawrence and Dame Elisabeth Frink, to scarce anatomical preparations and extraordinary medical instruments, all housed in a grade 1 listed ‘modernist masterpiece’ designed by acclaimed architect Sir Denys Lasdun. See free temporary exhibitions from our award-winning team, and join a curator-led tour.
Free 30 minute exhibition tours start at 6pm, book online now to reserve your place.
For details of the changing monthly programme of drop-in activities, talks and workshops click here to check the Royal College of Physicians website
Highlights of any visit include:
- priceless portraits and silver displayed throughout the building
- medical rarities such as the Symons collection of self-care instruments and medical apparatus, the Hoffbrand collection of apothecary jars and the Prujean chest of surgical tools from the era of the English Civil War
- a remarkable set of 17th-century human remains, providing a fascinating insight into dissection and discovery in anatomy
- regular displays from our archive and rare books collections
- a changing programme of acclaimed temporary exhibitions
Forthcoming Museum Lates:
- Thursday 1 August 2019
- Thursday 5 September 2019
- Thursday 10 October 2019 (one week later than usual)
- Thursday 7 November 2019
- Thursday 5 December 2019