Museum Lates at the Royal College of Physicians
Visit the Royal College of Physicians Museum after hours until 8pm on the first Thursday of the month. Explore exhibitions, art, medical objects and more than 500 years of history at England's oldest royal medical college.
Discover collections, featuring everything from artworks by Sir Joshua Reynolds, Sir Thomas Lawrence and Dame Elisabeth Frink, to scarce anatomical preparations and extraordinary medical instruments, all housed in a grade 1 listed ‘modernist masterpiece’ designed by acclaimed architect Sir Denys Lasdun. See free temporary exhibitions from our award-winning team, and join an introduction to the displays by one of our curators.
Changing activities and workshops run each month, click here to check the Royal College of Physicians website for more details.
Exhibition and collection introductions by the curator take place throughout the evening.
Highlights of any visit include:
- Priceless portraits and silver displayed throughout the building
- Medical rarities such as the Symons collection of self-care instruments and medical apparatus, the Hoffbrand collection of apothecary jars and the Prujean chest of surgical tools from the era of the English Civil War
- A remarkable set of 17th-century human remains, providing a fascinating insight into dissection and discovery in anatomy
- Regular displays from our archive and rare books collections
- A changing programme of acclaimed temporary exhibitions
- Free audio visual guide to the building and permanent displays
Forthcoming Museum Lates in 2020:
- Thursday 5 March 2020
- Thursday 2 April 2020
- Thursday 7 May 2020
- Thursday 4 June 2020
- Thursday 2 July 2020
- Thursday 6 August 2020
- Thursday 3 September 2020
- Thursday 1 October 2020
- Thursday 5 November 2020
- Thursday 3 December 2020
To make an optional reservation click here to visit the booking website