Community Festival Grants Open for 2021 - 22
Camden is delighted to be supporting community festivals in 2021 - 2022.
All community festivals and events that receive a grant will also receive a waiver of all non-statuary fees and charges which include road closures, trading licenses and parking suspensions.
Camden Community Festival Fund support events that promote the active participation of residents in community life. The aim of this fund is to sustain and develop Camden’s rich culture, its strong communities and dynamic partnerships by supporting quality creative events that meet the criteria set out below.
Successful applicants will also receive a waiver of the fees and charges associated with holding an event in a London Borough of Camden park, open space, or street.
Applications are welcome for grants of £200 to £2,000
You can find the criteria document and application form to download at the bottom of this article
York Rise Festival
The outcomes of your proposal should aim to:
· Foster greater community cohesion and improve inter-community relationships through allowing residents to engage in an event on a common theme. While events from single community groups are welcome, the application must demonstrate that the event will target multiple communities as part of the developing neighbourhood cohesion.
· Demonstrate that it is a community-led event open to the whole of the community.
· Events should predominantly take place within a park or open space to encourage the whole community to feel welcome to participate.
· Events should be free to attend.
· Engage local people not currently participating in cultural and community activities in Camden. Events should showcase the vibrancy of the local cultural offer and activities in order to encourage the community to access the cultural resources available in the neighbourhood.
· Demonstrate that the event is produced in collaboration with other local organisations, and that it has backing from a wide range local community partners.
· Offer opportunities for volunteering and mentoring for Camden residents.
· Demonstrate that it is a well-managed event and that the organisers have considered the impacts and safety of their festival.
Holi Festival, Swiss Cottage Open Space
Deadline for grant applications will be 23:59pm by 28 February 2021.
Any further correspondence should be directed to the Camden Events team who will be able to support any further queries and send an application form
020 7974 5633
We look forward to hearing about your event proposals and receiving your applications.